The rising threat of malicious email attacks comes with a rising level of security concerns. Is your company protected? You might want to analyze your level of risk and perhaps implement some added security enhancements to keep your company safe. Recently, after a security health check, we at HRU implemented some enhancements with the assistance of Providence Consulting (you can visit their website here ). Since the rollout of our newest enhancements, our security posture is better than it’s ever been.
Cyber Readiness Depends on You! Here’s a few things you can do right now to help your organization from being a target.
- Have a strategy, even if it means increased security budget or additional resources.
- Protect critical assets, information, and applications.
- Email encryption
- Two Factor Authentication or Multi-Factor Authentication (2FA/MFA). This should be required of all users.
- Implement a password management policy.
- Employ a backup solution for your information with the ability to recover systems, networks, and data in the event of a compromise or breach. Regularly and continuously!
- Take this threat seriously! IT IS REAL.
- Provide ongoing cyber security and cyber awareness training – no less than monthly!
- Log off computers EVERY EVENING before leaving the office.
Still Not Sure? Check out this article from our IT Service Provider and Partner Providence Consulting.
The Cyber Shield is another resource that I receive designed to educate and protect. (Let me know if you’re interested and I will forward the publication, you can then request to be added to the distribution list… let me tell you, its scary stuff!)
Fox News, 31 Jan 2020 reported that ransomware in 2020 will be as destructive as ever, according to experts. Here are the five most destructive attacks – and a preview of what’s to come: https://www.foxnews.com/tech/worst-ransomware-attacks-in-us
For more information on how you can protect against cybercrime I’ve attached a government technology article: 5 Ways to Protect Yourself From Cybercrime.
If you have any questions – I’m here to help!